The laundry room just might be the most dreaded room in the home. When you think of your laundry room you probably envision a more welcoming and stylish space. Getting your ideal design right isn’t necessarily a straight forward process.
In order to properly design your laundry room it’s important to know how your room functions. What are some things that you would like to add or change to your room? Do you need more counter space or storage space? Are you able to add more natural light to your room?
Here are some tips and tricks on how to transform you laundry room into a functional space.
- Incorporate more counter space. This can make your life a whole lot easier when it comes to sorting and folding your laundry. Depending on how much room you have to work with consider adding a center island to your room.
- Add a utility sink. The addition of a sink in your laundry room is a critical component. A utility sink is a great way to add a soaking area, a place to rinse outdoor items, and by adding a gorgeous faucet you’ve created your ideal washing station.
- Update your current shelves or add more if needed. When it comes to shelves consider adding open shelves to your space. This can make things easier to access, organize and identify, especially if you opt into incorporating coordinated storage bins.
- Consider adding a stackable washer and dryer. This is a great space-saving option if needed. A stackable washer and dryer can help you maximize your space, particularly if you are renovating a smaller laundry room.
- A mudroom combination. If your home is short on square footage consider renovating your space and flipping it into a mudroom/laundry room combo. This can become a game changer by adding even more function to your space.
As we spend more time at home, it might be time to fall back in love with your space. Now is the perfect time to transform your current laundry room into the functioning space you need. You can create a functional and inviting space by incorporating a washing station, adding more counter space, and utilizing a stackable washer and dryer to create more space.
At Penn Construction & Design, we combine licensed Realtor knowledge with custom design and craftsmanship to deliver exceptional client satisfaction If you want to discuss how you can add value to your home, call or contact Penn Construction & Design for a consultation at (484) 452-5071.